The Moss Point CoViD-19 Community Outreach Project seeks to prevent and stop the spread of CoViD-19 by eliminating health disparities in African American communities through awareness, testing, and contact tracing.
We envision wellness and social well-being for all people in the region, including those of color residing in underserved communities and who are more likely to have serious, chronic and often preventable diseases as well as significantly higher mortality rates. We must protect the most vulnerable. We know who the target is. We know who to protect. We will examine the impact that this disease has on such populations.
Moss Point has been identified as a highly impacted geographic area of racial and ethnic minority, rural and/or socially vulnerable individuals at substantially greater risk for CoViD-19 infection and adverse outcomes.
Goals and Tasks
- STOP SPREAD OF COVID-19 BY FLATTENING CURVE BY 33% IN JACKSON COUNTY.
- Improved reach of CoViD-19-related public health messaging to racial and ethnic minority, rural and socially vulnerable populations reaching 10% of surrounding 6-county region through direct contact in 1 year.
- Increased connection to healthcare and social services or racial and ethnic minority, rural and socially vulnerable populations hosting12 testing/culture specific education events and organizing 12 partnered events per year.
- Decreased disparities in CoViD-19 testing and vaccination rates among racial and ethnic minority populations in highly impacted geographic areas by testing 3% of population.
- Enhanced state/territorial/tribal capacity and infrastructure to support response, recovery, and resilience for racial and ethnic minority, rural and socially vulnerable populations.
No effort is too small. Passing this link along will help in ways you may never know. The people who you help will thank you.
Pledge your support today via the donate button below or with CASHAPP @ $mpvc2020 Click here
For more information contact Chris Carter @ (762) 499-2331 or Darlene Carter (228) 475-0443. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org